1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone have a pic of a stove top temp thermometer with......

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by herdbull, Jan 12, 2013.

1. melissa71

melissa71 New Member

Loc:
    Chicagoland
    I saw one on the highway about 2 years ago!!!! I wish I had taken a picture. The darn thing had TINTED windows! LOL I then decided to go faster than 55mph, and the poor thing couldn't keep up.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. melissa71

melissa71 New Member

Loc:
    Chicagoland
    ailanthus likes this.
  3. melissa71

melissa71 New Member

Loc:
    Chicagoland
    Cross Cut Saw likes this.
  4. Cross Cut Saw

Cross Cut Saw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    The City of Ships, Bath, Maine
    I still haven't done it, I don't know where the paper clips are in my house.

How are you liking the stove? My house is very poorly insulated so I get to let it get very hot, if it's above 30 degrees it has no problem at all keeping it super warm...

Do you get to do any burns up around 600 degrees? That's when that thing is a beast, you can't even get within 8 inches of the glass!
  5. bboulier

bboulier Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Virginia
    I bet one can predict age by the use of the word "tinfoil". It's a word I still use.
  6. melissa71

melissa71 New Member

Loc:
    Chicagoland
    I love the stove. I've gotten it up to 550, but not any higher, I haven't needed to. It's been relatively mild, and our house is pretty well insulated. We have a lot of windows, but the stove does a good job cranking out the heat. I like how easy it is to control, and how well it heats. Not to mention it's stunning good looks. :) This is my first experience with having a woodstove, and it's going better than I ever thought it would. A big part of that is all the information and help I was able to find here. I honestly think stove manufacturers should include a link to this site in their instruction manual.
  7. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    600? Yikes! I could put the PH outside and heat the state of NY if I ran it at 600. How many sq ft is NYS? ;)
  8. Cross Cut Saw

Cross Cut Saw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    The City of Ships, Bath, Maine
    Yeah, the state of NY or a 1500 sf. house in Miane.
    Some like it hot.
    HDRock likes this.
  9. TheBaron

TheBaron New Member

Loc:
    Eastern ON, Canada
    Kaptain - if you did order, where was it from and what was your end cost on the Tel-Tru unit. I'm also thinking of ordering one. I looked on the Tel-Tru site and they won't let me order up here in Canada.

Thank you.

10. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Go back one page (page 2 of this thread, see post #27) Link with cost is there.

After looking at the backside of the other unit, it is comparable in every aspect. I love my Tel-Tru, but you could save $20 by buying the PTC? They are very much alike and have the same features.

Here is the link to Tel-Tru again. http://www.teltru.com/p-496-dual-magnet-thermometer-dm.aspx
  11. TheBaron

TheBaron New Member

Loc:
    Eastern ON, Canada
    Thanks DexterDay, I was hoping that another distributor would ship to Canada. I edited my post to be more clear.

These do look like high quality units.

12. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    Now that Charly posted pics of the PTC unit, that one looks just as good as the other one.
    DexterDay likes this.
  13. herdbull

herdbull Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    I could probably sue (someone) for a faulty paperclip :)