Anyone have a Timberwolf with MANUAL log loader???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwright

Oct 6, 2011
Little Rock, AR
Since it's manual I'm sure the size of log is limited by your ability to lift....so please imagine a retirement age 5'5" white collar worker @ 155 lbs muscling a 24" x 36"+ oak log. Discuss. :D

I like the Timberwolf P1 unit, and I'm THINKING I'll be splitting a lot standing up as I'll be doing a lot of smaller splits. My concern is getting the larger logs on the unit with the manual loader.....thinking too much here?

I've used both CHEAP (inadequate) horizontal unit and typical vertical unit. Vertical wasn't nice to my back - so I'm thinking the Timberwolf with manual loader to not break my back...but I'll be stuck being unable to mess with the larger trunks.

Guess if they are TOO large I can half them with my saw....more work, just different kind.

First time I saw that. Went to web to see what you were refering to. You can lift as much as the bar and such and your own weight can combine to. I think it is a good idea depending on its limitations. That side stop could be taller though as I could see a big dia. round possibly going right over it.

Since it's manual I'm sure the size of log is limited by your ability to lift....so please imagine a retirement age 5'5" white collar worker @ 155 lbs muscling a 24" x 36"+ oak log. Discuss. :D

I like the Timberwolf P1 unit, and I'm THINKING I'll be splitting a lot standing up as I'll be doing a lot of smaller splits. My concern is getting the larger logs on the unit with the manual loader.....thinking too much here?

I've used both CHEAP (inadequate) horizontal unit and typical vertical unit. Vertical wasn't nice to my back - so I'm thinking the Timberwolf with manual loader to not break my back...but I'll be stuck being unable to mess with the larger trunks.

Guess if they are TOO large I can half them with my saw....more work, just different kind.

Not sure why vertical wasn't nice to your back. I have a terrible back and vertical is the only way to go for me! However, if you are bending over doing the work, that would not be nice at all. I simply sit while splitting and placing my elbows on my thighs gives me lots of leverage so it is easy on the back but I can lift lots. Sitting also usually means no sweating too!

I have one and it works very well. I use it the most in the locked up position staging rounds to be split. I have the 4 way, extension table and the lift.

It is many times better than the horizontal/vertical one it replaced.

The lift has several locking points so you don't have to worry about rounds rolling over the othe side. I am 6' tall and the beam could be a little higher for me it should be really nice for you.

gg

I have the TW-2 with 4-way and outfeed table, and will be adding the manual lift after the holidays. Can't wait to add that flexibility to the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.