Anyone have an indoor wood rack they love?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teutonicking: That's what I have by my fire for gloves, matches, firestarter etc (and I large emergency ironwood log): an old copper wash basin.

Have the double round racks for my firewood. Both work well.

I like the way those look. I've got a 40-incher made of solid round stock (with the spacer rod) over at my MIL's house that I got used from a stove store for forty bucks. I've got a rubber-backed carpet mat under it so when the wood gets low I can lift the hoop off the mat, then carry the mat outside and shake it off. Been thinking of getting a hand-held vacuum for over there, since the room is carpeted and MIL likes things tidy....

12609274-450px.jpg

I have a similar set up. Around the other door to the den (double french doors on both ides of the FP ... talking the PE here) I have a small cart that holds kindling, newspapers, my starter boxes, etc. Works well.

As for the rug, I vacuum a few times a week, and use a dust pan some times. Hardwood floors, no carpet (I HATE wall to wall ::-)).

Status
Not open for further replies.