Anyone Have Experience with a Game Camera?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I've tried to get as clear an area as possible around my place, but with leave on the trees, they move. This is at least 50' or so away. I only have experience with the specific camera I mentioned earlier. I was thinking of putting some tape over the sensor, but I have other things to mess around with.

Cover the sensor and then how would the camera work at all?

Getting leaves, perhaps the camera is aimed up too far or set up to high. I have the best luck setting the camera about chest height at the highest or a bit lower than that. Then I tend to aim the camera down just a little bit. This gets it clear of limbs and leaves. The only time I've had limbs or weeds bother is if they are too close to the camera. Otherwise it takes about a 30 mph wind gust to move the limbs enough to trip the sensor. btw, my cams are Cuddeback and Wildgame.

I meant cover some of the sensor with tape.

The one I ordered is a Wildgame Innovations 6.0 Mega Pixel Digital Game Scouting Camera With Infrared Flash, $109 shipped, no SD card.

I'll keep on trying.

I thought I'd update this thread with my latest experience with this camera.
The SD card no longer "clicks in" and is retained in the operating position!
I might be able to rig something up, but this is the first time that something like this happened with any SD card appliance I've had.

I have an update on this the wildgame innovations camera.
The memory card won't latch in any more - it just pops out.
I've never had that happen with a memory card before, but that can really knock out a device's function.
I'll give them a call and see what happens.

They've going to send me a new one, even though it's out of warranty.
If it works out, that would be awesome and would speak well for the company.

They do appear to be a good company for backing up their product. Glad they are doing you right. I've talked to others who have had good things to say about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.