Anyone have experience with buying online of Stove pipe/ chimney parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPapiPE

Hearth Supporter
I am considering this option to save cost, not only in parts but also gas trips to the closest dealer. I live some 30-35 miles away from lowes or HomeDeot. So the round trip cost is 70 miles or so. Is this something that some have done with success or is it a horror story in the making? I guess my chimney and stove pipe installation should be basic as my pipe runs up from the stove and straight out through the roof. The only kink in this installation is i have a corrugated metal roof which i have some silicone flashing for with a malleable edge, which requires only silicone sealant, sheet metal screws and a large pipe clamp at a wholesale cost of $175.
I am leaning to the Selkirk, although the blanket factor in the Simpson pipe was very convincing. I know both pass the ....where is that damn code....(ten minutes later).OK tested to UL 103 and NFPA 31, 54 and ANSI Z223.1.
Thanks Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.