Anyone have knowled on Portage and Main Ultimizer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdruhnke

Jan 6, 2015
SE Minnesota
I posted a few weeks back about outdoor boilers and i appreciate all the input. For my situation i'm still looking in the direction of an outdoor unit. For what's out there on the market i'm leaning hard towards a Portage and Main Ultimizer, a Convetional style of boiler, for how they are designed over other brands. The company claims that their unit, compared with the majority of other conventional boilers already use 1/3 to 1/2 less wood. Their exhaust route runs an extra 7ish feet which is able to extract a lot more heat to the water. I asked them then how the wood consumption of the Ultimizer compares to their own Optimizers, which are the Phase II burners. They said it's not much of a difference at all...! So this brings me to my questions.

Could that be right?

Is there ANYONE out there running a Portage and Main ultimizer that could give me an idea of their burning consumption for the year with a rough idea of how much area you are heating?

Also If you just have an opinion (good, bad, whatever) about Portage and Main please let me know.

Here is the Ultimizer PDF brochure.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/61224a_ea3ed5612a264acfb9aedbdf3264e1d5.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.