ANyone have one of these Powerhorse dual direction log splitters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -

I though about it from a production standpoint. If you have a lot of Elm or similar wood that requires a full stroke it seems like a good idea. However upon more thinking I think the lack of a 'stuck split stripper' would cause some frustration.

So over all I'm thinking it isn't a selling feature. Most of the Maple, Ash, Oak, Hickory I split requires less than a 1/4 stroke. In fact I mounted a large block of wood at the end of the splitter to reduce the effective stroke to speed up cycle time.

I do believe that 20 Tons is enough. I have a 27 ton and it does everything i need with ease.

Seems a little vulnerable with the wedge being driven from the edge instead of the back. And it only works horizontally which means no big rounds. I split at least 75% of my wood with the splitter set vertically and me sitting in front of it, so it wouldn't work for what I need to split.

Now here is a dual-splitter that will be much easier on your back bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJfeQu9s1dc

BeGreen said:
Seems a little vulnerable with the wedge being driven from the edge instead of the back. And it only works horizontally which means no big rounds. I split at least 75% of my wood with the splitter set vertically and me sitting in front of it, so it wouldn't work for what I need to split.

Now here is a dual-splitter that will be much easier on your back bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJfeQu9s1dc

LOL, yeah great on the back, but hard on the wallet LOL.
Not to mention then I got to lay them all over the place and drive around to them.
I'm thinking a couple stout Russian babes would work also. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.