1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

anyone here have an osburn pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by dave1966, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    what do you think about it?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pellet0708

pellet0708 New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    We bought one this spring but haven't run it yet. One was going in the store and was quiet. Our dealer recommended it to us as a good quality alternative to the high end stoves. Paid 2,000 instead of the $4,000 we would have shelled out for the Harmon we wanted which means we don't have to wait another 2-3 yrs. to recover some of the expense in savings.
    We liked the features of this new stove such as auto start, thermostat and large ash pan. A little nervous about the new technology which makes it a hybrid. Suppose to control the oxygen content for better burning somehow. Great if it works but something more to break down.
    All in all it is a nice looking stove and after much thought we are more comfortable with this choice than if we had doubled the price and gone with the Harmon. (for the $4,000 we got the chimney and yrs. supply of pellets with a little left over.)

Good Luck
  3. Mom2Czars

Mom2Czars New Member

Loc:
    southernNH
    We've also bought one but it hasn't been installed yet. It's sitting at the stove shop, waiting for an installer to be available. We ended up buying a somewhat bigger stove than we'd originally planned, as this one was on sale for $2100. I forget the model #, 45mf or something. Good size hopper, large ash pan. We won't have to run it high to heat a large area.
  4. brooksdm

brooksdm New Member

Loc:
    southern me
    I bought an Osburn 45mf at the beginning of July and installed it the end of the month. The installation was easy, into an existing masonry chimney where a woodstove had been. It had a rattle in the back panel when I started it but it seems to have disappeared after running for a while. I ran it for more than an hour at the beginning of August when the house had become cold after an extended period of cool rainy weather. It seems to be a little noisey but I think I can live with it. My only problem is that I ordered the gold grill and door trim kit and they haven't come in yet. I keep getting different stories from the dealer as to why theyre not in yet (the factory was on two week's vacation; theyre stuck in customs; etc.). In addition, there were some gaskets provided (two 4" X 4" and four 1" round) that the manual doesn't mention. I presume they go to an inspection cover and I will find their location when I clean the stove.
  5. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    ours is being installed this tuesday i skipped the fancy trim ,my jamestoewn had the gold trim on the door and would never stay on all-ways kept falling off buy it was also 20 teas old so when i ordered this on i just skipped the the pretty stuff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.