Anyone ideal steel owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
To those of you that own the stove do you know if it’s possible to make the stove shorter than the 30 inches, by modifying the legs?

Doing so would change it's hearth requirements, though that might be a moot point if this is about installing in a fireplace. Contact Woodstock and ask.

I did and of course they couldn’t say as it might have consequences for them later.

I’m not a scientist or a mathematical or an engineer but I do have experience with fire (from watching movies, staying at a hotel something or other, and ....).

honestly, if you modify the legs Then you loose your UL listing. If it looks professional and you never have a problem near the stove then this may be a mute point. Heck, this beast may even be able to sit on the floor without a problem. However, who knows what will happen and at what time. I’m not encouraging or discouraging you from modifying a listed product, I just want you to know that you are on your own if you do.