Anyone installed electric heated flooring into tile?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
Completely gutted the master bathroom and it will be a pretty high end bathroom when I'm done, if I don't mind saying so myself. :) We live in a cold climate and this BR is opposite side of the house from the woodstove...our primary heat source. I'd like to heat the room and floor with a radiant tile heating kit like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Warming-Syste...458070765&sr=8-2&keywords=tile+heating+system

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share on installing it? I have 120 in the wall in a central location.

By far the best investment, bathroom wise. Wife is happy, then you will be happy. Will never do a tile floor without heat, ever again. Tile is cold, especially on conrete.

Sounds good. I figure for $200 it is a small percentage of my overall budget for the space.

Does it heat the room or just the tile for you?

My dad put that in his kitchen, you do have to look out for what you put on the tile. If it has to much R value it will overheat the wire and short out. Ask me how I know?

He had a heavy rubber backed carpet on the floor in the entryway and it overheated and shorted out. They sent him something to track the short. He had to rip up the tile and find it.

That being said it's awesome. The floor feels great and the entire kitchen is warm. When I redo my bathroom I'll get one too.

Sounds good. I figure for $200 it is a small percentage of my overall budget for the space.

Does it heat the room or just the tile for you?

$200? I installed a Warmly Yours 240 Volt radiant system under my tile & with the insulation for the concrete, the thermostat, the temperature sensor, the radiant grid & the separate double-pole 15 amp breaker, I spent about $1500.

Last edited:
$200? I installed a Warmly Yours 240 Volt radiant system under my tile & with the insulation for the concrete, the thermostat, the temperature sensor, the radiant grid & the separate double-pole 15 amp breaker, I spent about $1500.

I actually upgraded to the larger pad..so $250 now. Temp sensor and t-stat came with the pad.
I ripped out a big jacuzzi tub,,,wiring was 3' away...bought a $0.79 electrical box for the thermostat that came with the heating pad. Ran the wire that did go to the tub to the box. Easy to run it from there to the pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.