Anyone seen this pellet stove ash away cleaning tool?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Anyone seen this pellet stove ash away cleaning tool?

Reactions: Washed-Up
Nope. And I don’t have an air compressor I can bring into the house.

I just run the exhaust fan on high, with the damper open fully, when cleaning. It’s not perfect but it makes a huge difference of sucking out the billowing ash rather than it going into the house. And same with the side ash traps. Even when cleaning the pipe, it helps a lot to kick the ash out of the horizontal section as I stir it up with the brush.

I use the compressor to clean the air wash. No other real option and the new 25 CFM Quincy 7.5 HP 40 Amp compressor with Dessicant compressor Air Dryer I just got does the job. :)

9CD54C33-F11F-4D17-947F-CF22845678AE.jpeg

Last edited:
I use the compressor to clean the air wash. No other real option and the new 25 CFM Quincy 7.5 HP 40 Amp compressor with Dessicant compressor Air Dryer I just got does the job. :)

View attachment 302634

Quincy makes good compressors1

Reactions: Don2222