Anyone try this pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fidiro

Feb 24, 2010
Central NJ
http://www.notiecorp.com/woodpellets.html

Anyone have these pellets in your area. I email them asking for a neaby place for me to pick up a couple bags to add to the tests this winter so I guess I'll wait for a response.

J Takeman probably tested these already, or has he?????????

No I have not seen them yet. But I will keep an eye out for them.

One thing that gets me is they say Super Premium, But there is is less than 1%. Should be less than .5% to be Super Premium graded!

j-takeman said:

One thing that gets me is they say Super Premium, But there is is less than 1%. Should be less than .5% to be Super Premium graded!

That's where your testing comes in to reveal the truth.

It looks like it's a manufacturing plant for oak products. I'll wait for a response from them to see if I can get a couple bags locally. It's about one hour ride or more for me so I don't plan to go there for just a few bags and I don't need a ton. Hope someone finds these to test.

They make pallets and they say they can do hardwood or softwood which is pretty much what every pallet shop does... it will be interesting to see how these work.

pelletnubi said:
j-takeman said:

That's where your testing comes in to reveal the truth.

It looks like it's a manufacturing plant for oak products. I'll wait for a response from them to see if I can get a couple bags locally. It's about one hour ride or more for me so I don't plan to go there for just a few bags and I don't need a ton. Hope someone finds these to test.

Well the mills that use there own inhouse fiber have the edge on the rest of the mills. Looks promising, Keep us posted if you get some!

I got a response from them and the bad news is they only sell directly to the public, no other place carries their pellet and it seems they only sell by the ton. The good news is I can come by their mill and pick up a few bags to test. I'm not going to promise a trip there anytime soon but if I plan on being close to their mill I will definately pick up a few bags.

Their mill is actually closer then I thought, about 45 minutes so the trip may happen before it really gets cold out.

I just want to run tests on the pellets I have available close to me first so that I can get more accurate results on these. I'm going to be testing quite a bit of TC first then I'll pick up some Greeneteam and Clean Energy if lowe's keeps them out of the rain this year.

The last time I wrote Dave, @ NotieCorp, I had told him I wanted to test the pellets and he replied today with the following:

Thanks for hitting me back. Just an FYI....we had our pellets independently tested last summer out at Cornell University as part of a partnership we were in with Rutgers University to develop the Grass Pellet Market for farmers in NJ. Our Premium Wood Pellets tested out at just over 8,000 BTU's, 5 % moisture and an ash content of .5%

What do you make of the results he posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.