Anyone try Tidy Timbers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnbrown

Jan 15, 2011
Wrentham, ma
I was fornunate to pick up around 35 bags of tidy timbers for free from a house that was bank owned and vacant. The bags were stored in a detached garage. I have just burned 1 bag and thought the heat was decent, not great. There were a ton of fines however, not sure how this will effect my stove, will have to clean out the fine box more often i suppose. Just wondering about some other people's experience with them.

Thanks!

Burn well my friends

I burned 10 bags last year. They were the old bags (all red) and had a lot of fines. But burned pretty good..

Old red bags here too! Liked them since I heard horor stories of them. Shocked with them actually. Never seen them again though!

As long as it is Tidy Timbers and not Tidy Cat. Just sayin...

j-takeman said:
Old red bags here too! Liked them since I heard horor stories of them. Shocked with them actually. Never seen them again though!

Me neither ... I thought they were descent. Wish I could find more. I seen they have a new bag (last yr) so I had been burning an OLD product...

But finding new brands in Ohio...... Pointless ....... Green Supremes are my one new brand. Thats all I get every yr. Is 1 new brand.

Take that back... I have Easy Heats also this year. OHIO is looking up... LOL

They are a rebagged version of the Heat Resource Pellets out of Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.