anyone use a felling lever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OhioBurner© said:
Ahh I see Classic Hearthstone has brought up my old thread.

FWIW I have since picked up a 60" Logrite cant hook and a bunch of varying sized wedges. They have all worked very well and glad I got em. After using the 60" Logrite I cant amagine that felling lever at half the size with a smaller hook would be nearly as usefull (or at all). I've also got the timberjack attachment but havent had a chance to use it yet (I lost it in the garage until recently).

Ohio, if you leave that attachment lost you will save a lot of time. In my opinion, they are a waste of time and most don't work worth a hoot. Just imagine cutting up a log and having to stop to get another bite to roll it up, cut off a few, stop and roll again, etc. Better to cut all the cuts, using a cant hook roll the log and finish the cuts. Saves a lot of time and is much less work. Besides, rolling those logs up on that thing can really tear up your back. Is it worth that?

Status
Not open for further replies.