Anyone use an Outdoor Reset Control on boiler in conjubction with stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbeAinPa

Dec 30, 2008
Southeastern Pa
I have radiant floor heating in my house and the main control is an outdoor reset sensor. Heating is based solely on a combination of outside air temperature and boiler temperature, the internal temperature of the house is not part of the equation at all. The setup is very efficient for heating via the boiler only, but the problem is trying to use a wood stove in conjunction with this system. Since the heating requirement for the boiler is determined based on outdoor temp, it doesn't "know" when the stove is on and keeps supplying heat. I manage this by turning back the set-point, but I was wondering if anyone had a solution requiring less human intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.