anyone use fireplacefacings.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abd1

Dec 30, 2009
United States
I just put a deposit down on a new PE Super Insert -- thanks to a lot of the info I've gathered here. We've been talking about refacing our fireplace with granite or marble (over brick), especially the hearth since the slate tile is cracking. Now that I've got the insert coming we realized we need the hearth to extend to 24" for code. Its currently 18". We could get a hearth pad, buy my wife doesn't like their look. So, we're going to demo the slate and cut back the hardwood 6" and lay down a new hearth. I'd like a slab of granite or marble or soapstone, something with minimal grout lines, but on a budget. That's when I came across fireplacefacings.com. They take 12x12 tiles and apply them on a steel backer so they look like a slab at a lower cost. You just adhere the fabricated "slab" to your fireplace surround and you're done, at least that's what they claim. Anyone use this company or have any experience or suggestions? I don't have experience with tiling and I need something done quickly so I can get my stove installed. Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place, I'm new on this site. Please direct me if I should be posting this somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.