Anyone use the Dustless Bobcat ash separator??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemountain

Feb 25, 2014
Bergen County, NJ
Everyone,

New to the forum and I am in the process of getting ready to purchase a new Hearthstone Homestead stove. In looking for a good ash vaccuum, I read an old post about some using the Loveless Cheetah ash vac. I went to their webpage and noticed they also sell the Bobcat Ash separator.

It utilizes your own vac for suction, and collects everything into a fire-resistant collector. It sounds like a good product, but want to know if anyone has experience with their product line....especially the Bobcat. Here is the web link to their product.....

http://dustlesstools.com/products_vac_bobcat.php

Thanks in advance,

Dom

Okay, since no one else replied, I'll give my completely un-qualified opinion. I vacuum around each of my stoves once per week. I have a little ash vac, that many others here use, which was pretty inexpensive. I keep it in the basement, near the door I use to access my firewood pile, and even then, it's sort of a hassle to go grab the vacuum, un-coil the cord, do some vacuuming, unplug it and carry it over to the other stove, do some more vacuuming, coil the cord and hose back up, dust, and put it away. I would not want to even think about having to deal with a shop vac PLUS this rig, with an extra canister and hoses, in my clean living room or den.

This little rig costs less than $90 (actually, I think I paid $60 - $70 in July), and although it's not a very powerful vacuum for other chores, it's just the right thing for vacuuming up ash around your stove.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerSmith-PA...e=UTF8&qid=1393517962&sr=8-1&keywords=ash+vac

Thanks Joful for the info. I have heard and read a lot of good reviews of this ash vac from guys here. My original concern was it being a Chinese company as opposed to being built in the USA. But you are right...the extra attachment sounds like it would be a PITA.

Thanks

I got this HUSKY #VO407S 2602 four gal. SS pail at home depot for $18 on sale last summer works very well
small and light weight good deal for the price I will buy a second if on sale again.

Status
Not open for further replies.