Anyone use the Outside Air Adapter for Jotul F 602 CB?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cray54

Nov 8, 2011
Ashfield, MA
I'm looking for information on the Outside Air Adapter (Jotul part 156408) for the Jotul F 602 CB. It is designed to be used with the Jotul rear heat shield HS-50.

I have not found a Jotul dealer that stocks one or can describe it to me. I'd like to know how it connects to the heat shield / stove before purchasing one. If someone uses this adapter, I'd like to ask for some pictures.

Thanks,
Chris

The F602 only takes its secondary air in through the rear heat shield; the primary air enters through the front door. I don't see how this part could possibly be effective. Spend your money on something else.

I realize purchasing the part may not be the most effective use of my money. I am, however, still interested in seeing the part. Do you happen to have a picture of the part or a verbal description of how it connects to the heat shield and how it [is intended] to work?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, a google search turns up no photos and few relevant hits. This could be a product that never made it to market. And if you follow the reasoning in my prior post, you will understand why it would not/could not be effective. With two air intakes at opposite ends of the stove, there's no good way to make an outside air kit work well on the F602.

Status
Not open for further replies.