Anyone with a Kozy Bayport 36?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clgberg

Nov 10, 2023
State College
Hello - Seeing some strange behavior with our Bayport and would like to see if anyone has any advice. I ran this by my dealer but they are very very slow to respond!

We use the remote thermostat feature. When the temp reaches the set point the flame is extinguished as expected, but the light kit/fan behaves differently from time to time. Sometimes both lights and fan get cut immediately when the flame is cut. Other times the light will stay on for a period and the fan will run to remove the latent heat. Eventually it seems the light will be cut. I assume cutting of the fan should not occur until the 5 minute timeout expires, and it should not be cut immediately when the flame is cut. But it does sometimes. Documentation is rather poor on this product!

We’d like to have the lights stay lit as a reminder that the fireplace is still active, and armed for the next on cycle from the thermostat. That way when we retire for the night we don’t accidentally leave the unit on. Without looking at the remote there is no way to see that the unit is armed and ready.

Anyone own this unit and can verify operation sequences? TIA