Anyone with Info on a Archgard Optima PS1 pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• OptimaPS1.jpg
    OptimaPS1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 372
Owners manual says it is made in British Columbia, Canada. The picture of the control panel almost reminds me of an Enviro. Maybe "J" knows something about them. Could they have been the predecessor of Enviro? I don't know how long Enviro's been around. The manual has a date of 2007.

My friend says their owner's manual is dated June 2006 so their unit is not too old. However if they are not making them anymore then they could have gotten a bad rep. I think their may be potential there to fix and update it. However I have not seen the unit.

HINT: I'm betting they still have some info at Archgard. I'd start there. It may not be made anymore, But they still have to warranty what they sold in the past. This might take them contacting the original place of purchase to handle any claims or upgrades to the unit!

Definitely not a SHERWOOD INDUSTRIES unit as they always list it on their manuals somewhere. It maybe a knock off of something, But I don't have a clue what it might be. Knowing Don is the pellet stove master, He should be able to figure this out!

HINT: I'm betting they still have some info at Archgard. I'd start there. It may not be made anymore, But they still have to warranty what they sold in the past. This might take them contacting the original place of purchase to handle any claims or upgrades to the unit!

Definitely not a SHERWOOD INDUSTRIES unit as they always list it on their manuals somewhere. It maybe a knock off of something, But I don't have a clue what it might be. Knowing Don is the pellet stove master, He should be able to figure this out!

Thanks Jay for your suggestion.
Not sure if my friend wants to spend much money to fix it. The info on the Colorado's dealer site was good. The shell of the stove is like no other so it is a one of a kind! I would luv to invent one in that way! The board certainly looks like the Enviro control board except that it has Archgard at the bottom! My board could say Pellet Stove Master at the bottom! LOL

Anyway there may be a design flaw that may or may not be fixable or upgradeable. However maybe it can be fixed or upgraded! I would like to bring it here and rebuild it. Where it is really not that old of a stove, there is a chance it could be a real good stove! Reminds me of the Buffalo stove, but they cheated and used the Pelpro Bay View shell. This has an original design shell with really big glass window in the door. It also reminds me of the Cunberland stove. That is original but have not heard any personal reports about them.

Well, I will see if I can find out more. Thanks again for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Enviro(or many others) Don't make the boards. A.C.E. makes them. You'll see many units with these boards with the same model number. Face plates are just printed vinyl(you could have your name on one too). There is a diffence in the board programming so you just can't swap board A with board B. FYI

Enviro(or many others) Don't make the boards. A.C.E. makes them. You'll see many units with these boards with the same model number. Face plates are just printed vinyl(you could have your name on one too). There is a diffence in the board programming so you just can swap board A with board B. FYI

Yes there is a difference in auger timing. I really like the upgraded replacement board they make for the Hudson River West Point withe the jumper you can set for 50K, 60K or 70K BTU ! Very nice board except that darn 30 min Low fire before shutdown in Auto-On/Off mode !

Anyway, check these options on the Archgard!

Optional Switch to turn the ignitor off! ! ! Why?
Maybe because it stays on way too long after the pellets light up?
oR
So you can turn the ignitor off and have the pleasure of starting them with gel? LOL

How about splicing in another auger motor to stir the burn pot! I could retrofit my Astoria if it was that easy!
Well, from my experience with the US Stove American Harvest 6041 Multi-Fuel and Magnum BabyCountryside there is alot more to a good multi-fuel stove then just a burn pot mod and agitator!

Click to see whole diagram below:

Attachments

• ArchgardOptimaPS1options.jpg
    ArchgardOptimaPS1options.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 279
My Dealer who sells Fahrenheit ls has an Archgard in there home.. They Love it. Next time I am there, I will ask about it. He talked very highly of it. It has a "Arch" over the pot, therefore the name "Archgard" (prob not), :)

My Dealer who sells Fahrenheit ls has an Archgard in there home.. They Love it. Next time I am there, I will ask about it. He talked very highly of it. It has a "Arch" over the pot, therefore the name "Archgard" (prob not), :)

Good news Dexter
Good to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.