Appalachian model 7778

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_popa

Jan 14, 2006
I have an Appalachian model 7778. I know nothing about it, but I am replacing it. Does anyone know anything about this wood burning insert? I don't know if I should try to sell it, sell it for scrap, throw it away or hang onto it. I checked The Appalachian Stove's website, but none of the models shown look like mine. I assume that it is older, my house is about 30 yrs old. It is cast iron, has dual cast iron doors on the front and a blower. Works great.
The name plate on the front says The Appalachian Stove Co, Asheville, NC, Model 7778

Thanks,
joe_pops

Calling David V there is a customer looking for you at the information booth

I don't know about that model. My experience with the Appalachian company has been very good. I would call them.

Appalachian Stove & Fabricators Inc
329 Emma Road, Asheville, NC 28806
(828) 253-0164

I have There will likely be a metal plate on the back of your stove that lists the date of manufacture. If not, they will probly be able to tell you about it when you call them. The 2 or 3 times I have called, I have gotten a woman ( same one I think ) on the phone and they are very helpful....to the point of offereing to examine digital photos to help me solf a problem I had. Let us know what you find out...also, a picture of the stove would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.