1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Apple Pie!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by DAKSY, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Don't know how many of you out there in hearth-head land are into the aforementioned foodstuff, but if you just happen to have a hankerin' for some good ole-fashioned, home-baked apple pie, Dummerston, Vt., is the place to go. It's just North of the middle of nowhere on a wonderfully curvaceous stretch of pavement called the East-West Road & it is THE Vermont place to be on the Sunday of Columbus Day Weekend. Last year the count was over 50 bushels of apples made into over 1500 apple pies by church volunteers in the town. Sold by the piece or by the pie. Vermont cheddar cheese. Apple cider & Apple cider donuts. Ice cream for topping your piece of pie...Usually 20 -25 bikes from our HOG chapter will make the run over & that E-W Rd is a BEAUTY on a bike.
    http://www.findandgoseek.net/listing/dummerston-apple-pie-festival-2/fairs-festivals-food-festivals

Maybe we'll see you there!
    ScotO, certified106 and milleo like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    My grandpa always said apple pie without without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze. Back then my relatives ate a piece of cheddar cheese with apple pie.
    pen likes this.
  3. DAKSY

Loc:
    Agreed! That is the BESTEST way to eat apple pie, but, then again, HOT apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting on it ain't too awful bad, neither...
    ScotO, Eatonpcat and Jack Straw like this.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    Oh, I thought only my family did that, ya ice cream is great on pie. My wife made me a great pie this weekend
    DAKSY likes this.
  5. certified106

certified106 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Athens, Ohio
    I can eat my apple pie any way you want to serve it to me ...... Man all this talk of apple pie has me wanting a big old slice now!
    ScotO likes this.
  6. donmattingly

donmattingly Member

Loc:
    Southern,NH
    I will vouch for Bob. This is an excellent event for the apple pie lover. Lots of folks on motorcycles show up at this event. The color in this area is coming around too. Should be good for this weekend.
    ScotO and DAKSY like this.
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Try that warm apple pie with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream on it (the local King's Restarant sells quarts of cinnamon ice cream seasonally in the fall). WOW, it's fantastic with cinnamon ice cream!!
  8. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Mmmmmm I do love apple pie. Especially the mrs. apple pie on turkey day.. Couple weeks ago we took the kids apple pickin' and my wife has been baking all kids of apple deserts to use them up. Apple crisp, and apple cinnamon bunt cake, regular apple cake (Swedish apple pie), apple dumplings, homemade chunky applesauce... mmmmm.
  9. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Well Daksy, now you've done it.
    I've been thinking of making a homemade apple pie, and this just put me over the edge. It's that time of year.
  10. DAKSY

Loc: