April Fools?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When we woke up this morning we had a complete blowout of a full rack of beech,ash,sugar maple with some red maple sooooooooo we went to a local fire department pancake breakfast then I restacked the wood on the northside.

After I finished that we had some cherry with some red maple that I stacked which we will burn for the 2013 - 14 heating season, we still have some nice cherry rounds fom that hung up cherry I worked on in the winter but before I can get to them the downed pine in pic 4869 will have to taken care of.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4864.JPG
    100_4864.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_4865.JPG
    100_4865.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_4866.JPG
    100_4866.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_4867.JPG
    100_4867.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_4868.JPG
    100_4868.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_4869.JPG
    100_4869.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_4870.JPG
    100_4870.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: smokinj
Looks like beaver retaliation. Very nice stacks. I have too many boulders from the size of basketballs to helicopters to make stacks look good. Be well

April's fool Zap!msp_flapper.gif

Reactions: ScotO
3 weeks ago when out at parents acreage one day I noticed most of 2 stacks had toppled.First I thought deer rubbed against them (its pretty common out my way) but then I remembered a few days before there was some 55-65 wind gusts from the north.Think it might've been a microburst possibly cause I also noticed a medium sized Hickory with the top folded over about 100 ft to the east,nothing else nearby was damaged. Took about 45 min to straighten things up.I was working more careful then usual because 2 days before that my back went out & wasnt quite healed yet.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 124
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 164

;em Ok Gamma, the smiley with some tongue action, where did you find that?
PapaDave, the pancakes stayed down during the stacking, worked those suckers off.

Thistle, I had planned on moving beech but not that rack,the move went good. The beech had been up for a year so with it being on the northside of the house (plenty of sun and wind) it will be ready for this year.

We have two racks of sugar maple (1.22 cord) that we plan on burning so the beech can wait another year.
Backwoods, I'm finding more beaver damage, nothing big but smaller trees around the brook.>>

Reactions: Thistle
I guess that delicious pancake breakfast required some calorie burning afterwards, eh Zap? ;)

Reactions: Thistle
;em Ok Gamma, the smiley with some tongue action, where did you find that?
PapaDave, the pancakes stayed down during the stacking, worked those suckers off.

Thistle, I had planned on moving beech but not that rack,the move went good. The beech had been up for a year so with it being on the northside of the house (plenty of sun and wind) it will be ready for this year.

We have two racks of sugar maple (1.22 cord) that we plan on burning so the beech can wait another year.
Backwoods, I'm finding more beaver damage, nothing big but smaller trees around the brook.>>

Can't tell ya zap....really...can't tell...
Remember this smiley that's gone now....
smiley.jpg smiley.jpg smiley.jpg

Thats kinda the way I stack!;)

Bummer Zap - I like stacking, but I'm not a fan of restacking! Cheers!

I don't like restacking either but all the wood in that area (I call it our holding area) will be moved sooner or later. Another 1.22 cord will be moved from the back for next years wood, that will give it two years stacked by the time we burn it.

We have some nice beech still stacked in that area which will be moved after the 2012-2013 heating season, then it might be time for a shed in that area.

zap

Well, I say it was the posts zap. ;) However, it might have had something to do with eating all those pancakes.

Well, I say it was the posts zap. ;) However, it might have had something to do with eating all those pancakes.
I took it easy on the pancakes, just had two, it made splitting horizontal much easier. (Gamma gave me some tips on splitting wood.) :eek:
zap

Status
Not open for further replies.