Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisN

ChrisN
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Southeastern, Ct
    Hey, This has happened twice to me in the last couple of years: My saw throws a chain and when I put it back on the bar it won't align correctly in the channel. As if one or more of the channel guides on the bottom of the chain are out of alignment. Visually I can't see anything out of line. Does anyone know if I can rescue these chains? thanks.

Chris

2. snowtime

snowtime
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2007
    Loc:
    northern BC
    yes, usually its just some burrs on the bottom of the chain. You should be able to file it to fit.
    If you can not see the problem then put extra oil on the bar and line up the top teeth with the chain belly hanging free. Start it up. Sometimes it will be very stiff and you can not move the chain by hand. If you get it running then stop and tighten it up. It will adjust itself once its running.

3. Jags

Jags
    Moderate Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Northern IL
    Snowtime is correct, but be aware: if you don't get them fairly accurate it can cause additional wear to your bar.

4. burntime

burntime
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 18, 2006
    Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    I killed a bar doing the bent chain thing. Chains are cheap! Toss it and get another. Bars are expensive on the other hand!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.