1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Are Pinnacle stoves a good purchase?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by preacherbiggin, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacherbiggin

preacherbiggin Member

Loc:
    Virginia
    gonna purchase a multi-fuel stove in the next couple weeks and have been doing a lot of reading up on different brands. what is yalls opinion of the Pinnacle emerald model. it says itll heat up to 1500 sq ft. my house is 1200. also will i be better off getting a bigger stove (one that puts out more btu's). thanks and if somebody else has already asked this or if ive posted this in the wrong section please forgive me.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  3. preacherbiggin

preacherbiggin Member

Loc:
    Virginia
    thanks for the help. is it wise to get a stove that will do a lot more sq footage than what i need or one that's the closest to the area i'm trying to heat?
  4. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    It is not a bad idea, but keep in mind that pellet stoves run most efficiently in the higher end of the spectrum, so if you got a 2500sq ft heater and only ran it on low to heat your home, you would be better off buying something a little smaller and running it on say "medium" as far as your efficiency is concerned. Having the higher BTU will allow you to heat up your home much faster as well.
  5. preacherbiggin

preacherbiggin Member

Loc:
    Virginia
    thanks John. ive got to call a couple dealers today and hopefully narrow my decisions down some more. thanks again!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.