1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Are there any realtors here? Very frustrated...

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by ilmbg, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilmbg

ilmbg New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Wyoming/Montana border very dry, very cold
    I have questions about realtor practices in Wyoming. I have a house for sale, and am pretty shocked at the lack of professionalism here.
    I would like to 'talk' with someone in the business.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ansehnlich1

ansehnlich1 Minister of Fire

Dec 5, 2006
    Adams County, PA
    I'm no realtor, but I've dealt with a few. Sometimes they can be quite shady, if you know what I mean.

My brother has a real estate license, maybe I could run a question past him.

There's a whole wealth of intelligence on this site, maybe somebody else will weigh in here.
  3. doubledip

doubledip Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Warren, Michigan
    As a member of (NAR) National Association of Realtors, Realtors are educated/trained to a higher standard in code of ethics.

Professionalism can be defined in many ways, but is mostly associated with the level of experience. I sometimes use the term competence.

There are rules and regulation that are State specific but in general a transaction is a transaction is a transaction.

What’s your question?
  4. Biglumber

Biglumber Member

Jan 19, 2008
    We put our house up for sale in march of 04. Our realtor had one showing in 8 weeks. She agreed to get out of contract and we interviewed 4 realtors. 3 selling in the neighborhood and 1 recommended. The experience of the recommended realtor won out and she sold it in 4 weeks. I don't know if you have availability like that but it worked well for us.
    We had all ranks represented with the other 3. One was flashy, one was a little too intellegent, the third.... well hmm?
    The gal we chose had been through a down market before. Funny thing was she actually raised the price on our house and got it.. Go figure.

Peace. I'll add this was in Denver metro.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.