1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Are there any realtors here? Very frustrated...

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by ilmbg, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilmbg

ilmbg New Member

Loc:
    Wyoming/Montana border very dry, very cold
    I have questions about realtor practices in Wyoming. I have a house for sale, and am pretty shocked at the lack of professionalism here.
    I would like to 'talk' with someone in the business.

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ansehnlich1

ansehnlich1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Adams County, PA
    I'm no realtor, but I've dealt with a few. Sometimes they can be quite shady, if you know what I mean.

My brother has a real estate license, maybe I could run a question past him.

There's a whole wealth of intelligence on this site, maybe somebody else will weigh in here.
  3. doubledip

doubledip Member

Loc:
    Warren, Michigan
    As a member of (NAR) National Association of Realtors, Realtors are educated/trained to a higher standard in code of ethics.

Professionalism can be defined in many ways, but is mostly associated with the level of experience. I sometimes use the term competence.

There are rules and regulation that are State specific but in general a transaction is a transaction is a transaction.

What’s your question?
  4. Biglumber

Biglumber Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    We put our house up for sale in march of 04. Our realtor had one showing in 8 weeks. She agreed to get out of contract and we interviewed 4 realtors. 3 selling in the neighborhood and 1 recommended. The experience of the recommended realtor won out and she sold it in 4 weeks. I don't know if you have availability like that but it worked well for us.
    We had all ranks represented with the other 3. One was flashy, one was a little too intellegent, the third.... well hmm?
    The gal we chose had been through a down market before. Funny thing was she actually raised the price on our house and got it.. Go figure.

Peace. I'll add this was in Denver metro.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.