Argggggggg.......New T6 arrived yesterday.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwscarab

Dec 5, 2007
SE Indiana
Not looking for sympathy - but this is like holding Halloween candy in front of a kid and not letting him have it. The T6 now sits in my garage in a crate. My Dr says no weight on my broken leg for approx 10 - 12 more weeks - then slowly. I hope I get to use this thing this winter or I will be fuming.......

You will get creative, or rely on your buddies. I know with a broken limb I would be stir crazy!!!

Right, it's time to call in your battle buddies...you've been promoted to supervisor.

Yea I'm kinda leaning towards that too! It'd be cool to at least get it fired up - even if I cant get wood to her every day. I agree! My wood is 20" and I doubt I will be cutting 4" off of it for a while. Maybe I get help getting it hooked up and try some EW burning w/20's. I at least gotta try it out!!!! I'll keep you guys posted - slowly.....lol.

I wish I had a really really cool story. But not. I slipped on a sheet of ice walking from my car to my house in Feburary 08. Severely broke both bones in several places in my lower right leg - I guess a freak accident. Been healthy my whole life. Anyway, 4 surgeries later (last one just 2 weeks ago to install another rod and do a bone graft) and leg full of metal, we are "hoping" I am done with everything and just waiting to heal up. Doc said may be off crutches by new year - I cant wait!!!!

Honestly, lesson learned here, take ice seriously!! I always just walked on whatever however. No more. I will wear 4x4 shoes and walk carefully.....lol.

When I ordered my T6, I thought I was done, and I would be walking by Thanksgiving at the latest....

Mine sat in the garage for around six weeks. I moved it about on a motorcycle jack. Had to wait for a crane truck to move mine to a second floor balcony. Two guys can shuffle the stove on carpet. Three of us got it on the hearth without scratching my new tile. And I have a horrible back.

Sucks about your injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.