Argh, banging head on woodstove! Ah well, it's just money...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
Bought my Republic insert for I think $2100 last year... now there's a 5 year old Revere (the upscale version of my stove that costs $2600) for $275 on CL. Ah well. It's been keeping us warm for the last year... ah well.

Paid twelve hundred for my 30-NC and people have been buying them for the price of a hamburger and a six pack every since. And I don't care. I have been warm for the last five years and using half the wood.

Just tell yourself it's been overfired and all the firebricks are cracked. And they burned nothing but salty driftwood inside.

Matt

Lopi Republic is a nice stove! Enjoy it. Besides, EBL is probably right about the other stove. It was probably constantly overfired by a guy who "can't get it to glow like my old one".

Thanks guys, that helps! They had a pic of it though... it doesn't look too bad! Some ash around the door, I think?
3na3pa3l45O65T55P5b2gd0f4ade17f821142.jpg

Nah, looks overfired. And the firebricks definitely look cracked. Gasket's shot, too. And there's no back to that stove! That's why it's going for 275.

Brass trim on the door looks funky too. Your doin okay.

Easy fix, don't scan CL ads for stoves anymore.

LOL, thanks guys! that helps, but I Can't stop checking! Self torture! Trying to think of someone else who might be in the market. Could be it's not a revere though, but an LX or something... yeah that's the ticket.

Yea, I'm sure it's a POS with all of the defects listed above and more. Why else would it be so cheap. Post the link and I'd be happy to go by and check it out for you just so you know how bad it was. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.