Ash Buildup on Fire Pot - How Frequently to Remove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VCBurner said:
Nice to hear I'm not alone on the frequency of clean ups. I had been on a 3 day cycle as of late, but the other day had to shut down and clean after 48 hours. As a result I took the burn pot liner to the basement and scraped it all off, including a file to the holes and flat surfaces. Then a soaking in hot soapy water really got the rest lose for a scrubbing with a brillo pad. It looks almost as good as new. I did notice some pitting on some of the surfaces of the liner. I am burning Infernos, lots of clinkers in my pot!

VCBurner said:
Nice to hear I'm not alone on the frequency of clean ups. I had been on a 3 day cycle as of late, but the other day had to shut down and clean after 48 hours. As a result I took the burn pot liner to the basement and scraped it all off, including a file to the holes and flat surfaces. Then a soaking in hot soapy water really got the rest lose for a scrubbing with a brillo pad. It looks almost as good as new. I did notice some pitting on some of the surfaces of the liner. I am burning Infernos, lots of clinkers in my pot!

I'm burning everything! Still playing with what works best. I think I found the pellets I'm going to use. I have no clinkers though, EVER. Could be because it's only about 2 weeks old. I've tried 6 different kinds of Pellets and the only time I had clinkers was when the stove shut off... I think because they were crappy pellets and the stove was set to low.... so the stove was shutting off at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.