ASH CLEAN OUTS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hfd6jxc

Nov 18, 2015
boise idaho
I have a St Criox Prescott EXL pellet stove. According to the manual there are 3 ash clean out . There are 2 just below the burn pot and 1 behind the ash pan. My stove seems to be missing the one behind the ash pan. Is this just a factory change that didnt make it to the manual or am I missing something here,
Thanks for the help

What year do you have? I believe some of the older ones only had two (or maybe it was the other way around - LOL). If the manual came with the stove though, I'm guessing the clean out is there. It is probably held on by screws, not the hook system the other 2 use, so you may just be missing it back there. I know it was very difficult to see the one on the Hastings when I first started looking for it.

There is someone on here that had a stove with no 3rd clean out behind the ash pan so he was going to make his own.

What year do you have? I believe some of the older ones only had two (or maybe it was the other way around - LOL). If the manual came with the stove though, I'm guessing the clean out is there. It is probably held on by screws, not the hook system the other 2 use, so you may just be missing it back there. I know it was very difficult to see the one on the Hastings when I first started looking for it.
I bought the stove in 2008.

I got mine in 2004 on a spring clearance/ end of the model clearance, has the old knob board that's still working well but not sure what year it was really made, for 1200 buck can't complain still belching out heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.