Ash in 6 months?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
moderately sized ash splits out up one month ago. Burnable this season? Pics for size scale

IMG_0580.JPG

2x2 or 3x3 single stack depending on your local weather maybe.

I think it could be possible. I stack in single rows and I can usually burn what has been stacked in the spring that winter if I need to. It's not ideal, but it's doable. I'm also in CT, just south of Hartford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If stacked in the sun and where it gets good wind flow I say yes, especially since it's Ash which is on the drier side to begin with.

Reactions: D8Chumley
I split 2 cords in April and by November it was all under 20 %, they were a little bigger than your splits.

I burned a lot of ash this past winter that was split a month prior. It burns good when green once a good fire and coal bed has been established. Ideally it's better to season but being my first year with wood I made it work.

Yes I think it will be fine after 6 months.