Ash pan issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichB

Nov 18, 2014
New Windsor, NY
We have an Englander pellet stove about 6 yrs old. We've been using it the past few months, came with the house we bought. Recently, the ash is not going into the ash pan and there is a lot of build up in the stove which leads to frequent cleaning. We scrape the burn pot and clear all ash very couple of days. Anyone know why the ash is not going into the ash pan or has anyone had the same problem?

We have an Englander pellet stove about 6 yrs old. We've been using it the past few months, came with the house we bought. Recently, the ash is not going into the ash pan and there is a lot of build up in the stove which leads to frequent cleaning. We scrape the burn pot and clear all ash very couple of days. Anyone know why the ash is not going into the ash pan or has anyone had the same problem?
First I'd do a super thorough cleaning of the stove AND the vent.

What are you burning for pellets?

It could very well be pellet related. Try a premium pellet. Not to be a pellet snob but that could very well be your issue.

North Americans are very ashy and it's a light fluffy ash... Plus North Americans burn on the cool side try a different pelt and see what happens.. I went threw a ton of North Americans I have a different stove than you, but the ash would not fall it would climb up the door and on the glass.. I think even a green supreme is a step up from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.