Ask and you shall receive!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sblat

Nov 3, 2010
Haslett, MI
I stopped today to talk with a tree crew from the county. They were cutting down a huge ash tree, so I asked what they usually do with the wood. The guy told me the homeowner wants it, but they have 3 trees they are cutting down next week that they need to get rid of. He took my name, number and address, and will be dropping off dump truck loads of wood next week. I got 12-13 done, 13-14 half done, shouldn't be a problem to getting it finished and working on 14-15. Never hurts to ask!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
What kind of wood are they bringing?

Be careful of those details. They will hurt!

I have found the best source of wood is the guys that deal with it for a living.

In my area the tree services or landscapers, if they don't have room to c/s/s and store the wood, have to pay to dump it. Just talking to them gets all the wood I need. I've gotten to know a few and some bring garbage wood, others bring a nice assortment of clean wood so I know who to ask.

Up by the house in Vermont (near Ludlow) I talk to the road crews. When they are in the area, especially after a storm clean-up, they are always willing to drop off some log length stuff.

Ask and you shall receive is good advice.

KaptJaq

ps. Pictures or it never happened....

Great that you stopped to ask. Now you will be all set for sure.

What kind of wood are they bringing?

To be honest, I really don't care what it is. Most of the dead stuff around here is all ash, but this will have almost 2 years to season, so what ever it is will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.