Q&A Asthma and Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have asthma -- environmentally triggered and aggravated by smoke and molds and dusts and pollens.We currently have an open fireplace and have considered converting to gas.Also- we are looking at purchasing another house that is primarily heated by a pellet (Whitfield) stove.I would appreciate any information you can provide me that might aid our decisions-

Answer:

Depends on how bad your condition is. I have customers that did fine with Pellet Stoves...but you do some particles- etc at certain times.If you do convert to gas- do not use an unvented appliance. Get either a fully vented log set (for decoration) or a sealed gas fireplace insert (for heat)

Status
Not open for further replies.