My sister and brother in law, have a vent free gas fireplace in there family room down stairs. My 8 year old nephew is having alot of problems with Asthma. I am wondering if the fireplace could be contributing to his health problems. My question is since I know nothing about gas fireplaces, since it is ventless,where does the products of combustion go, It has to be offf gasing in your home. For example a gas furnace has to have a fresh air supply, as well as an exhaust outlet, to get rid of the products of combustion, so how does a vent free fireplace do this safely.