Astria Fireplace - Remote does not switch fan or lights

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kdev

Oct 14, 2023
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have an Astria Gemini DLX fireplace with an IHP remote (VCS-ECOTSS01-1). It is 4 years old. Using the remote I can control the fireplace to switch on and off but there is no control for the fan or lights by the fireplace.

I've reset the codes on the fireplace and resynched the remote. When I try change the lights or the fan, the fireplace is beeping (as if it received the command) but there is no action performed. I checked the wires around the modules and all seems connected and nothing is shorting..

Any insights or experience on this issue?

I have an Astria Gemini DLX fireplace with an IHP remote (VCS-ECOTSS01-1). It is 4 years old. Using the remote I can control the fireplace to switch on and off but there is no control for the fan or lights by the fireplace.

I've reset the codes on the fireplace and resynched the remote. When I try change the lights or the fan, the fireplace is beeping (as if it received the command) but there is no action performed. I checked the wires around the modules and all seems connected and nothing is shorting..

Any insights or experience on this issue?
So underneath the unit there should be two control boxes. One is labeled with blower, lights, aux. If you take the four screws out of the back, unscrew the ground screw, unplug the wire set, you can separate the unit. Inside is a glass tube fuse. My guess is your fuse is blown. It’s a 3Amp 250 volt fuse. Super cheap online, and cost me about $8 for 2 fuses at HD. Pop the new fuse inside and my guess would be the blower works again. Mine did.

My left led light turned on. Not the right. And I can’t control it with the remote. It’s strange. I can control the blower and the flame, but I can’t turn off the led, and I can’t change the intensity of the bulb… I just put the new fuse in last night so… mine is still a work in progress too. Found your question while trying to find a solution for mine.

But my lights and my blower all went out a couple days ago. The fuse fixed the power. Now to trouble shoot this issue with the remote not controlling the lights.

Reactions: Patrickg6191
Thanks for the tip. I had the same problem with both blower and lights (fireplace works fine otherwise) and replaced the fuse too. The blower is now back and responds to the remote but same thing with the lights: they don't respond to the remote and the left light is now on all the time. I had to disconnect the lights from the expansion box to turn it off. Not sure if you figure out how to fix the light issue. I will connect with my fireplace installer to see if they have any clue on what is causing this behavior and will post any update.