Heatilator NDV3630IL-B Not Lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ARL120384

Nov 13, 2023
Boston, MA
Hey Everyone,

thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have the above model propane fireplace with IP ignition. It was brand new with my home 4.5 years ago. It's remote controlled without a wall switch. I am trying to trouble shoot as to why the unit all the sudden will not operate. It worked fine last week, and all the sudden nada.

I am getting the remote feedback "beep" from the receiver, and installed fresh batteries in the receiver just in case. I tested power from the outlet and the outlets work, and we have propane.

I also installed the two backup batteries and unplugged the transformer power to simulate loss of power and tried to turn the unit on, and still nothing. I know the basics of this unit, but given the electronics involved, I think I have troubleshot as far as I can. I thought of purchasing a replacement control module, but then after the battery power test failed think it may be something else.

However, the controller controls both AC and DC functions, so maybe its worth a shot?

Thanks again!

Alex