Atlantis?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know but it sounds like it will be a pain in the rear to get dry and seasoned!!!

alot of people have been looking for Atlantis for a long time, maybe you've found it!

Hmmmm......tree of heaven??? It's an invasive - genus is Ailanthus - pretty close to Atlantis. Was the guy as big Latin nut?

NH_Wood said:
Hmmmm......tree of heaven??? It's an invasive - genus is Ailanthus - pretty close to Atlantis. Was the guy as big Latin nut?

That's gotta be it. Ailanthus. I have no idea how it burns, but you'll be making the world a better place just by killing it.

The lost wood of Atlantis! Ailanthus is light, stinky to process (my opinion), and probably dries to about the same as Aspen. I am sure it will burn quickly, but may be nice for startup and kindling. Ailanthus is an asian tree that is a weed here, and I agree with the guy who said it is worth cutting just to kill it. If you're trying ot remove the tree, you'll want to spray the stump of carefully cut the sprouts from the stump until the roots are dead, which could be a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.