Attic pine scrounging

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikessky

Minister of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Northern WI
About 3-4 years ago, I cut down a bunch of red pine and cut them up into 7 foot lengths. The original plan was to try to make some furniture. They got put up in the rafters of my garage to dry out. About 2 years ago, my wife remembered them up there and asked me to peel them so she could use them for our church's vacation bible school. Today, I was cleaning the garage and realized that I still had them and now have no use for them. So I set to work cutting them all up for the stove. I'm not sure how much I actually have, but they are still in the round and have been peeled for 2 years and are at the biggest 7-8" in diameter. Judging by the pile in the garage right now, I'm guessing it will last me for a couple weeks during the shoulder season (which is upon us right now!).

Status
Not open for further replies.