Auber AT100 flue thermometer paid off!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
I am a firm believer in this thermometer. The probe is mounted directly to the flue pipe and responds instantly to the pipe temperature. I just loaded the stove and the flue temp was not dropping when I lowered the draft lever.

Turns out the ashpan door gasket was completely dislodged.

I caught this MUCH FASTER than if the probe was not there.

This thermometer is good not just to alert of an overfire but also told me I had a problem before it got out of hand.

Last edited:
I have the AT100 for my cat probe and love it. I’m thinking of getting another one or maybe the AT200 for my stove pipe. I had a close call this morning on a reload because I was trying to feed the baby while also trying to keep an eye on the pipe probe thermometer. It went from 400 to holy crap in a matter of minutes. I don’t like the lag in the analog probe thermos. Plus an alarm would be great to have as well.

Yup my Palladian goes from 400 to holy crap in minutes, too. That's what made me get the AT100. Worth every penny.

I also have the AT100.. as my cat probe. I switched from another meter that I didnt like. I belive in digital. Im also checking things out with an IR gun. As well ad 2 analogue thermometers. Its complete overkill, but when your inviting fire into your home you cant be to safe.

Reactions: Diabel and fire_man
For those using it for the cat probe did you replace an analog one for that or did you retrofit it in there? If replacing Did you find one that fit the hole or seal around a smaller probe? Been thinking of changing the analog one on the bk insert to digital as I like how the one on my lopi is instant.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

For those using it for the cat probe did you replace an analog one for that or did you retrofit it in there? If replacing Did you find one that fit the hole or seal around a smaller probe? Been thinking of changing the analog one on the bk insert to digital as I like how the one on my lopi is instant.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

So my stove came with an analog probe to read what the cat temp was. I swapped that out for a different probe with the Auber at100. That probe that I chose was pretty much an exact fit to put in the opening that the existing analog probe occupied.

Reactions: Tegbert