Auberins high alarm?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ShaneMac

Sep 28, 2021
Ontario
What are you all using as your high alarm level on your auberins? Will be installing mine today. Suppose I should look manual up online on how to set it as well.

Depends what you're using it for. Are you monitoring catalyst temp, flue temp, stovetop?
I set my catalyst high alarm at 1500 F. Then when it would go off in the middle of the night with nothing I could do about it, I bumped it to 1600.
I have another one to monitor interior flue temperature and set it at 950. That one is there to remind me when I wander off and forget about the stove.

Last edited:
Flew temp for the wander offs.
If it's an internal probe I'd set it to somewhere 900-950 depending how long it'll take you to react. Really flue temps up to 1000 are usually ok but it's not typical to be over 900 for an extended period of time.

If it's a surface mounted sensor on single wall pipe then your alarm should probably be more in the 500-600 degree area.

Default alarm of 480 is a bit low, Raised it to 980 as it was easier to set. Second alarm is disabled.