Auger does not start working right away on a 1997 Whitfield Cascade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmsm

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
South of Boston MA
The auger on my old 1997 Cascade does not start dropping pellets right away. After I fire it up with the blow torch and turn it on the light comes on indicating the auger is turning and feeding pellets but it's as if the signal never gets to the auger. In the beginning of the season just flipping the switch a few times would get it to kick in, now it is taking much longer. Any ideas?

I should note that I only use this stove once or twice a week.

fmsm said:
The auger on my old 1997 Cascade does not start dropping pellets right away. After I fire it up with the blow torch and turn it on the light comes on indicating the auger is turning and feeding pellets but it's as if the signal never gets to the auger. In the beginning of the season just flipping the switch a few times would get it to kick in, now it is taking much longer. Any ideas?

I should note that I only use this stove once or twice a week.

I think it is the auger bushing since it seems to be an intermittent problem. Read through the above link, it should be a simple and cheap fix.

Thank you both! I just ordered the bushing!

Status
Not open for further replies.