Auger Jam/high moisture compacted Pellet mess, FIXED....but

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
I need a way to sift my pellets. My fault, I didn’t run out the existing pellets that were left in my stove last spring. Six months of moisture buildup plus the addition of more pellets that need sifting (badly) caused pellets to break down and harden throughout 3/4 of my auger. I didn’t blow a fuse and after thoroughly chipping and vacuuming out, the auger works fine. I need a way to sift the pellets as they come out of my pellet bags. The only problem with bulk pellet delivery is all the extra handling produce a lot more pellet dust. Can anyone suggest an easy sifting method ( pictures would help) so that I am putting less pellet particles into my hopper? Thanks, Bill

You can use the search box above,and find some that use a vacuum cleaner,but the easiest I have seen is this one--

Definitely need to burn everything out in the spring! Summer humidity will destroy a stove. I even spray lube the inside of my stove to prevent rust build up.

Let's see if this link works.

This design came from another user here but I changed the hopper to what you are using. It leaves NO DUST to piss off the beautiful wife!

Bill

pelletvacdiagram1-jpg.jpg

Last edited: