Auger Jam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

figawie

Dec 16, 2013
new hampshire
Hello, I have a great Enviro Omega Maxx pellet stove however, recently a piece of plastic bag I assume from the pellets jammed the feed auger and wiped out the auger motor. I removed the auger and found the plastic wrapped around the top of the auger below the bushing. After inspecting both top & lower bushings I reinstalled and attached another motor. The stove worked fine for a day then the auger jammed again. It appears the auger gets so packed with pellets now it stops feeding. Can anyone help?

Was there any wear on the lower bushing ? I have an Omega but not the Maxx. I think the only difference is the fact that mine is a multi fuel. My lower bushing keeps wearing down to where the auger is scraping on the plate causing damage to the gear box. There could be damage to the 2nd gear box. I have gone through 3 motors so far. Good luck. Here is a pic of my gear box issue. The pin fell out because the hole became elongated.

Attachments

• IMG_20131213_101921_891.jpg
    IMG_20131213_101921_891.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 125
Was there any wear on the lower bushing ? I have an Omega but not the Maxx. I think the only difference is the fact that mine is a multi fuel. My lower bushing keeps wearing down to where the auger is scraping on the plate causing damage to the gear box. There could be damage to the 2nd gear box. I have gone through 3 motors so far. Good luck. Here is a pic of my gear box issue. The pin fell out because the hole became elongated.

Thanks for the reply and the pic. The last gear box I changed out had the same condition as your picture. I did look at the lower bushing and it looked ok, but after the auger jammed again I thought about the bushings. I was able to clear the jam and reinstalled the gear box and the stove has been running for the pass four days. Knock on wood. I’m waiting for new bushings, along with my third gear box. Good luck as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.