Auger motor25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because the motor is not running at 100% load, it can run continuously. The intermittent rating is for full load. Just a WAG.
These motors (off the shelf) have to be somewhat rated for the job but I think the ones Englander uses are minimally suited , at least for the lower auger.
It seems most motor related problems are on the lower auger where it runs continuously.

These motors (off the shelf) have to be somewhat rated for the job but I think the ones Englander uses are minimally suited , at least for the lower auger.
It seems most motor related problems are on the lower auger where it runs continuously.

Could be the reason Englander switched to the GA motors?

Hey Check out these bargain Auger motors I got at surplus center for $20 ! ! ! I got a week out of the 1st one! I may go with the Gleason- Avery's now!
To shear a 3/8" shaft took a lot of repetitive force. Either from a misalignment or a bent shaft. The problem with bargain motors is you don't know where they have been or how they have been treated. It doesn't take much to bend a shaft and it doesn't take much of a bend to result in that kind of fatigue failure.

Master Chief PO said:
These motors (off the shelf) have to be somewhat rated for the job but I think the ones Englander uses are minimally suited , at least for the lower auger. It seems most motor related problems are on the lower auger where it runs continuously.​
Could be the reason Englander switched to the GA motors?
If it was the lowest price and it made it through the warranty period reliably, it may have been considered an optimum choice.

Hello

Just got some 1 & 2 RPM GAs in and I must say they are strong and handsome. Look at those shinny screws and nice gasketing!

Attachments

• GA-1RPMs.jpg
    GA-1RPMs.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 113
If it was the lowest price and it made it through the warranty period reliably, it may have been considered an optimum choice.
Yes, agreed and I have no problem with their choice since they aren`t exactly marketed as a high end stove. I`d expect some compromises and an auger motor isn`t exactly a costly or a complicated repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.