auger not working on my Vulcan v150

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont buy a Vulcan

Jan 28, 2007
Howdy. The auger in my Vulcan pellet stove is not working. The auger light doesn't come on either. I've cleaned out the pellets in the hopper and can't see any obstruction. The auger won't turn by hand. The company's website (Danson's Group) lists a pdf for the manual for this stove, but no manuals come up. I found a list of trouble shoots for this stove, but the only thing they tell you to do is to ram a wire coathanger up the feed shaft, which is impossible as there are too many sharp bends to allow the hanger to push through, and I don't want to get a hanger stuck up the feed shaft. Anybody out there know how I can get to the auger mechanism? This thing is built so flimsily and poorly designed. I've had more problems than not with it (see my review of the Vulcan V150). Thanks!

If you put a handful of pellets in the burnpot will the stove try to run until those pellets burn up?

Like Begreen says it's probably a vacuum switch, if the auger light doesn't even come on and it doesn't feed. Most likely it won't ignite either as most pellet stoves the draft(vacuum) switch cuts out both the auger and ignitor..
Does the stove do anything?
Has It ever worked?
Try a different circuit to make sure your outlet doesn't have a hot/neutral reverse..
EDIT
I read the above link is your air damper rod open, This is effectivly your air intake to the stove and without it = no draft or vacuum
EDIT again
this is the owners manual for the stove it's not too bad, nice explanation on venting setups.
http://www.wood-stoves-unlimited.com/Resources/Documents/90bc7b8c-a400-4ddd-8567-1cc600bc09ec.pdf
so I read your review on the stove also with the sparks coming out of the pipe and catching stuff on fire, Which means it's probably
a straight out vent, correct?
Also the smoke coming out of the pipe being black would be a air/fuel ratio problem I don't think you have sufficient combustion air getting to the unit.
Couldn't find an electrical print anywhere but most are common where no vacuum switch closure then no pellets will feed.
Also in the manual it did say that the auger light will turn on when signal is being sent to the auger motor, so even if the auger was jammed the light would come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.