Auger question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my co-workers has an 07 accentra, it came in the house he bought. He doesn't burn the pellet stove, and the people left pellets in the hopper. He thinks that the auger is not turning. I'm thinking it's just all bound up with damp pellets, my question is if the auger got jammed and forced the motor to stop could it have taken out the control board? He thinking of selling it, he offered it to me for $500.00! There is another guy who's got dibs ahead of me, if it just need cleaning I might nab it, but that would really depend on what it would need.

Probably has the entire feed mechanism bound up. At the price of $500 it would be worth the chance. Probably a couple hour project to remove and polish and paint the auger with graphite paint.

Paint the aiger woth graphite paint? I just bought a used stove that was stored with about 60lbs of pellets in the hopper. Do I need to paint the auger?

Its just a way to make a auger very slippery if it has has some rust pitting and the motor won't have to work so hard. Others use moly. Have used graphite paint for over 40 years in grain augers and gravity boxes and does a good job on bottoms of mower decks.

New owner may never opened the manual so probably has no idea how to start the stove, how many times have we heard or done that error:)

New owner may never opened the manual so probably has no idea how to start the stove, how many times have we heard or done that error:)
Dude, I'm good for that toggle switch brain fart once a season! Usually about into my second hour of swearing up and and down and not understanding why it's not behaving correctly when everything tests out just fine I'll see that switch, then wrap by head a couple times with a wrench. But it's really easy to quarterback the plays from here!

Reactions: bags
I spent a good amount of time on fixing a PC45 and had someone coming to get it from a good distance and did the same thing. Went almost into a panic till I checked the switch. Got a call from the owner the next day saying the stove wasn't firing up too, same switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.