Auger stopped feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovespaintball

Feb 16, 2011
northwest oregon
My pellet stove wont feed pellets consistently. The auger came loose from the shaft, i put it back on and now it seems to get bound up. I don't know the manufacturer and don't have an owners manual. Can anyone give me an idea of stove brand and how to fix it. Thanks

Attachments

• 021611081116.jpg
    021611081116.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 371
Is that a wooden surround?? Is there any info inside the hopper or on the back of the stove. There should be some info on it, from a test lab.

OH my, Is this for real?

Eric

can't fool me..that's a microwave oven in a wooden cabinet with a stove thermometer on it for effect. Neat-O

happens to me all the time, though pellets will burst into flame in the microwave...really cool to watch, kinda stinky after....most pellet stoves have either a vacuum sensor or pressure sensor that will interrupt the auger...blockage in the pipe is usually the culprit. thats where I'd start.

It's those Packsaddle pellets, they are wrecking everything, first burn pots now augers.

Status
Not open for further replies.