Austroflame Integra FS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Just found one of these on Craigslist for $200 it needs a auger motor. Now I already have 2 stoves so This would be an investment. Ot looks like a new auger motor will be about $200.A total of $400 invested. Is it worth it? what could I ask for it?

If you look around you can easily find a new auger motor for much much less. I have found them shipped for less than $100 to my door. These are the same or better quality than what the OEM has installed. I can link if you need them.

Do you have a use for the stove or are you just going to resell it???

yes please send link. I have two stoves although on I have yet to install yet. I would most likely resell the stove

If the rest of the stove is functional and in good shape, then this would be a STEAL. The Austroflamm Integra is a great stove, built like a tank.

If I had the $$ when I first thought about buying a pellet stove, that's what I was going to get.

Any idea what year it is??

And Jay is correct....you can do better on the price for an auger motor that may be even better than the original.

EDIT: These have gotten good reviews....ball bearing output shaft, and less than $100, IIRC.

www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html

Auger motors and blowers can be found here:

http://www.cshincorporated.com/

Use the link imacman listed for the good auger motors.

Some cheap stuff can also be found here:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/electric.asp?catname=electric

Before you put it in the back of your truck. I would make sure it does at least function. The control boards on the austro are very very PRICEY! The auger not turning could also just be a bad pressure switch. I would plug a cord to the motor to see if it was truely doa! As imacman stated they are built like tanks! Might just be sumin simple.

how do I know which motor to buy.. these links aren't specific to pellet stoves

The Integra uses a 1rpm clockwise rotation auger motor, so the first one listed in the Gleason-Avery link I posted above
(stock # A901 - 1.2 rpm clockwise) should work fine, and is only $80.

If in doubt, buy the auger from Wood Heat Stoves for $118
http://woodheatstoves.com/austroflamm-integra-auger-motor-1-rpm-p-9614.html

If you speak to Dave Gault (Wood Heat Stoves), and mention that you're a Hearth.com member, you might get a little better price.

imacman said:
The Integra uses a 1rpm clockwise rotation auger motor, so the first one listed in the Gleason-Avery link I posted above
(stock # A901 - 1.2 rpm clockwise) should work fine, and is only $80.

If in doubt, buy the auger from Wood Heat Stoves for $118
http://woodheatstoves.com/austroflamm-integra-auger-motor-1-rpm-p-9614.html

If you speak to Dave Gault (Wood Heat Stoves), and mention that you're a Hearth.com member, you might get a little better price.
thanks, and yes i offer discounts to hearth.commers :)

1.2 should work fine ime, also most model have trim adjustments
also does it spin 1.2 under load, or benchtested??

Hello Austroflamm Gurus

While reviewing this string, I went on the WoodHeatStoves.com recommended website looking for a replacement log set for my Integra and noted what seemed to be all the necessary parts to upgrade my gel starter version to an igniter version. Do any of you guys know if this can be done and if so either who can do it in Milton MA or does anyone have a step by step procedure to accomplish same. PS This is by far the best pellet stove ever made. I have not replaced anything yet in 14 years other than a door gasket and a low limit switch.

Based on my experience with my Rika (Austroflamm), I would say it would be worth putting some money into if you plan on using it. They make really nice stoves, very quiet,
and expensive new.

Status
Not open for further replies.