Austroflamm Integra Auger Adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mamaggio

Dec 6, 2008
Eastern, PA
I have a 10 year old Austroflamm Integra that seems to be loading pellets into the burnpot to quickly causing spillover in the fire chamber and a tall lazy flame. I tried adjusting the tiny screw inside the control panel, but it seems to be broken. Is there a way to manually adjust the auger or do I need to buy a new control panel.

Try sending Flammam a PM....he has an Integra that is older than yours, but I think they haven't changed all that much.

THE AUGER ON MY MOTHER'S INTEGRA KEEPS GETTING FULL AND STOPPING. IT THIS AN AUGER PROBLEM OR IS IT THE PELLETS? IT'S BEEN A TOUGH SEASON. WE'VE REPLACED SENSORS, AND THE CIRCUIT BOARD TWICE. NOW THE AUGER KEEPS STOPPING. WE CLEANED IT OUT LAST EVENING AND THIS MORNING IT STOPPED. IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING! ELDERLY MOTHER HAS THREATENED TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW. YEAH RIGHT. BUT WHAT'S UP!

What model is this stove? When was the last time it was cleaned throughly? I had a problem with my auger stopping or being intermittant. Here is what I found out. The intake air sensor will shut the auger down if there insufficiant airflow over the circuit board. Insufficant flow is caused by ash build up in the heat exchanger or pipes. Remove the rear baffles(behind the firepot) and vacuum the entire heat exchanger area throughly, scrape out all the ash and be sure to clear the air holes BEHIND the heat exchanger tubes...they are tough to see as they are at the bottom and behind the pipes.

My auger has stopped moving, but the motor still makes a noise like it is trying to move the auger. Any idea on what could cause this?

Applezz said:
My auger has stopped moving, but the motor still makes a noise like it is trying to move the auger. Any idea on what could cause this?

Just a guess here but perhaps there is a pellet or something else jamming the auger or the set screw that holds the the motor / auger assembly together is loose.

Applezz said:

Could be a stripped gearbox. Remove the motor and turn the shaft that attaches to the auger. If you can turn it by hand then the gearbox is stripped out internally.

Is the gearbox easily replaced? If so, where can I find one?

Just found my problem.....3/4 inch machine screw stuck in the auger. Must have come off the pellet making machine, it's all beat up! Burning Hammers.

Stove inital test date of 14 SEP 1991 (as per label on back....was in the house when we bought it), pretty impressive that after clearing the screw and puting it all back together it is running fine!

Applezz said:
Is the gearbox easily replaced? If so, where can I find one?

Just found my problem.....3/4 inch machine screw stuck in the auger. Must have come off the pellet making machine, it's all beat up! Burning Hammers.

Stove inital test date of 14 SEP 1991 (as per label on back....was in the house when we bought it), pretty impressive that after clearing the screw and puting it all back together it is running fine!

Wow that stove is even older than mine!! I just replaced the motor/gearbox as an assembly I think it was less than 100.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/49942/

Status
Not open for further replies.